We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cauliflower, like green beans, is a delicious vegetable that can be eaten all year round. Another plus is that you can offer dishes of this kind to both adults and kids.
During the season, such products are available fresh, and, for example, in the fall and winter - frozen. Moreover, on store shelves you can find both separately frozen vegetables and ready-made mixtures from them.
What can be prepared from fresh vegetables or frozen mixes to make it tasty and healthy?
The benefits and harms of dishes
First you need to figure out if cauliflower and green beans are really healthy foods. And do they retain properties when frozen? So, the calorie content of beans is 24 kcal per 100 g, and cabbage - 30 kcal for the same 100 g of fresh product.
In turn, both vegetables contain a whole storehouse of useful vitamins:
- vitamin K, which is responsible for blood clotting;
- vitamin U, which is responsible for the production of enzymes;
- vitamins C, B, PP;
- manganese, which is responsible for the elasticity of the skin;
- phosphorus, iron, potassium, etc.
Same cauliflower and green beans contain fiberresponsible for the performance of the human gastrointestinal tract. In addition, when frozen, both vegetables retain all their useful properties for up to 6 months, however, subject to proper transportation and storage. It is important to know how to prepare for the winter in the freezer. You can learn more about how to make frozen cabbage and what can be made from it later here.
Important! The glycemic index of green beans is only 15 units. This means that even people with diabetes can eat it without restrictions.
As for the question of the ratio of proteins and fats in foods, the situation is as follows:
- Green beans:
- proteins - 2 g;
- carbohydrates - 3.6 g;
- fats - 0.2 g.
- proteins - 2.5 g;
- carbohydrates - 5.4 g;
- fats - 0.3 g
How to cook?
One of the advantages of cauliflower and green beans is that they can be used as the basis for the first and second courses, as well as a salad. Choose the recipe you like and enjoy the amazing taste and benefits of these products.
A similar dish can be quickly prepared in the summer in the country, when all the main products have literally just been collected from the garden. Take:
- a small head of cauliflower (150 - 200 g);
- fresh green beans - 2 handfuls (150-200 g);
- onions - 1-2 heads;
- any greens to taste;
- olive oil;
How to cook:
- Rinse vegetables and herbs well.
- Disassemble the head of cabbage into small inflorescences and boil the vegetable in salted water along with the beans for 7-10 minutes (you can learn more about boiling cauliflower here).
The cooked food should be easily pierced with a fork.
- Peel the onion, cut it into large cubes.
- Fry in a skillet until transparent.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the boiled vegetables from the pan, transfer them to a salad bowl.
- Add onions and finely chopped herbs to these.
- Stir, add spices if necessary.
Another version of the delicious salad with cauliflower and young green beans takes more time to prepare, but it can already be eaten as an independent dish. The salad is delicious, hearty and very bright.
- beef - 300-400 g;
- young beans - 200 g;
- cabbage color. - 200 g;
- red onion - 1 head;
- Korean carrots - 200 g;
- lemon - 1 pc.;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- olive oil;
How to assemble a salad:
- Rub a piece of meat with spices and olive oil. Leave alone for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook fresh, washed cabbage and beans for about 5-7 minutes, frozen ones for 7-10 minutes.
- Peel the onion, cut into thin half rings.
- Pour boiling water over it and let the water drain.
- Cut the beef into small longitudinal pieces and fry in a pan until tender (about 2-3 minutes on each side).
- Cut the cheese into small squares.
- Wash greens, chop.
- Put fried beef, boiled vegetables, Korean carrots, cheese, onions, herbs in a salad bowl.
- Toss, add olive oil and juice of ½ part lemon.
- Mix everything again, add spices.
This salad can be served as an independent dish or as a side dish.
There are a great many options for preparing salads. You can find out more about cauliflower salads for weekdays and a festive table here.
The recipe for a light, tasty soup that is prepared in less than 60 minutes should be in the "piggy bank" of every housewife. Be sure to take on the following recipe to pamper your household with a great first course whenever they feel like it.
You will need:
- cabbage tsvetn. - 1 medium head of cabbage or 800 g;
- green beans in pods - 400 - 500 g;
- Adyghe cheese - 300 g;
- sour cream 20% - 500 g;
How to cook such a light soup:
- Pour some vegetable oil into a saucepan and put it on fire.
- Rinse the beans and place them in a saucepan for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Rinse the cabbage, disassemble into inflorescences.
- Take out the baking sheet, put the inflorescences on it, sprinkle them with oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bake the cabbage for 30 minutes.
- Add sour cream to the beans and simmer the vegetable for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the cabbage buds and place them in the pot as well.
- Simmer the vegetables for 5-7 minutes, then add 2 liters of water to them.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes and place in a saucepan of boiling water.
- Add spices and boil the contents for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and finely chop the herbs, send them to the pan.
- Turn off the heat and let the first dish sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
The soup prepared according to this recipe is very healthy and can even be offered to children.
The second recipe for soup made from tender cabbage and delicious beans will definitely appeal to all lovers of chicken soups.
- half a chicken carcass;
- potatoes - 6 pcs.;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- onion - 1 PC.;
- cabbage color. - 300 - 400 g;
- beans pod. - 200-300 g;
- Rinse the chicken carcass, put in a saucepan, pour 5 liters of water and put it on fire.
- Wait for the water to boil, remove the foam that has formed, turn on medium heat and leave the dishes alone for about 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Wash and peel potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Cut the potatoes and onions into cubes, grate the carrots.
- Wash the cabbage and beans. Disassemble one vegetable into inflorescences, and cut off the ends of the second.
If necessary, cut the long pods in half.
- Rinse the herbs, chop finely.
- Remove the cooked chicken, separate the meat from the bones, cut into small cubes and send it back to the pot.
- Add potatoes to boiling water, and after 10 minutes add cauliflower, onions and carrots.
- After another 10 minutes, add the beans to the soup and cook everything over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add spices and herbs to the soup, boil it for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the first brew (10-15 minutes).
Cauliflower and chicken are not just soups. You can learn more about recipes for making cauliflower with chicken in this material.
In fact, any vegetables, both raw and cooked, are an excellent side dish for fish or meat main dishes. Cauliflower with fresh green beans was no exception. What can be made from them?
Fried vegetables with cumin and ginger
- Prepare the beans (400g) and cabbage (400g) as directed in the recipes above.
- Cut onions (1 head) and carrots (1 pc.) Into half rings.
- Prepare garlic (2 - 2 cloves) and grated ginger (1 - 1.5 tsp).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add 1 tsp to it. cumin.
- Heat the seasoning slightly, transfer to a separate bowl.
- Put onions and carrots in a frying pan, fry them for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and cabbage to the vegetables, mix everything and continue to fry the vegetables.
- After 7-10 minutes add spices, cumin and ginger to the pan, cook the dish for another 5-7 minutes.
Cream-stewed vegetables with leeks
- Boil the prepared beans (300 - 400 g) and cabbage (400 - 500 g) in salted water until tender (7 - 10 minutes).
- Chop the garlic (3 cloves) and washed herbs.
- Cut the washed leeks (150 g) into rings.
- Put the pan on the fire, pour vegetable oil over it and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and simmer the mixture over the heat for another 1 minute.
- Transfer the cooked beans and cabbage to the pan and continue to fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in warm cream (250 - 300 g), add grated hard cheese (150 g) and herbs.
- Stir the garnish, add the spices.
- Simmer the mixture a little more until the cheese is melted and you can serve the dish to the table.
There are other options for cauliflower side dishes. You can read more about delicious cauliflower side dishes here.
Oven-baked dishes have always been, are, and will be an excellent alternative to fried recipes as they are less caloric and healthier.
Accordingly, young green beans and tender cauliflower can not only be cooked in a saucepan or pan, but also in the oven. In this case, the basis of the recipe will always remain the same, and the amount of ingredients may vary. Consider the so-called "basic" version of the vegetable casserole.
What do you need:
- green beans;
- hard cheese;
- seasoning: a mixture of Provencal herbs;
- olive oil.
How to make a standard vegetable casserole:
- Take out a baking dish and brush it with olive oil.
- Rinse and prepare the vegetables, peel the garlic, and chop a few cloves.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Fold the cabbage buds and beans into a mold, add garlic to them.
- Pour lemon juice over everything, sprinkle with oil, add spices.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the prepared vegetables with grated cheese and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
So, if desired, such a casserole can be supplemented with other vegetables, cream, as well as meat (you can learn more about recipes for making cauliflower with meat here). Experiment and enjoy the exclusive taste.
We suggest making a casserole of cauliflower and green beans according to the video recipe:
By and large, both green beans and cauliflower are quickly cooked foods. From which there is a simple conclusion: if the dish contains only these vegetables, it can be cooked in a maximum of 15-20 minutes. At the same time, warm and cold salads are considered the fastest, and soups are considered the slowest. Let's cook vegetables stewed in a cauldron and see how quickly they turn into a delicious dish.
- green beans and cauliflower - 400 g each;
- red or yellow bell pepper - 2 pcs.;
- carrots and onions - 1 pc.;
- tomatoes - 2 pcs.;
What to do:
- Wash and prepare basic vegetables.
- Wash the onions, peppers and carrots, peel, cut into cubes, strips and grate on a track, respectively.
- Wash the tomatoes, pour boiling water over them, peel them off.
- Rinse the herbs, chop.
- Put the cauldron on fire, pour vegetable or olive oil into it.
- As the oil warms up, add cabbage buds, peppers and carrots to it.
- Simmer vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Add young beans and onions to the cauldron.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp to the vegetables and simmer the entire contents for another 10 minutes.
- Add herbs and spices, mix thoroughly and simmer for another 10 minutes.
It's no secret that restaurant guests pay not only for the taste of the dishes served in the restaurant, but also for their appearance. So why not start playing interestingly with all the dishes that are prepared at home. After all, the closest people are definitely worth it!
- To make children happy to eat vegetables, you should learn how to collect animals from them. For example, cauliflower will make a wonderful body for a lamb, and green beans will make its legs.
Such a vegetable animal may well “hide” under an omelet blanket or graze among the snow-white rice mountains.
- Pine nuts, mustard seeds and toasted sesame seeds are the best additions to a dish made with these vegetables. Place the salad in a slide in the middle of the plate, lightly dust it with nuts, and trace a circle of salad dressing on a flat dish.
- Cauliflower and green beans soup looks great in a saucepan. But in the tureen, and even with the addition of fresh herbs, it looks even better.
- For a side dish of vegetables to emphasize the taste of the main dish, follow the rules of opposition. For example, if the meat is fried, then the cabbage and beans should be stewed.
- If the main course is steamed, the vegetables can be fried or cooked in the oven.
As it becomes clear, there are many recipes that allow you to quickly and tasty cook pale yellow cauliflower and bright green green beans. Try different combinations to truly appreciate the uniqueness and benefits of these vegetables..